Talent Outcomes Team
People and culture are at the core of what we do here at Seven Seven Six. From our founders and their teams, to our investors and the communities they support, to the very first folks that have chosen to work with us here at the firm – nothing is more important to us than the humans working hard to make change in this world. We’re doubling down on this commitment and establishing a team to empower each community in their effort to build thriving, sustainable, and inclusive organizations.
The Talent Outcomes team is a critical function that will support our portfolio companies with HR, talent acquisition, DEIB efforts, and culture development strategy.
We’re trying something new out here. Instead of posting individual job reqs for each role on the team, we’re posting a general application. We know how to build this team. We also know the world of work isn’t what it was even a year ago. People seek flexibility, growth opportunities, and impact. Because this is a new function at the firm with many configuration possibilities, we decided to cast the widest possible net. For applicants, this is an opportunity to build a role around what you love to do, what you want your future to be, and the impact you want to have on the industry. For us at Seven Seven Six, this is the perfect opportunity for us to try a new approach to recruiting and share the learnings – for better or worse!
We genuinely hope to meet candidates from all walks of life, every stage of career, and from multiple industries through this application process to join our core team.
General Job Expectations
For each person on the Talent Outcomes team: Your job every morning when you wake up is to ensure our founders and our firm’s leadership are proactively nurturing their teams’ development. Building world-class organizations with phenomenal talent and thriving cultures doesn’t happen by accident. It is your responsibility to teach every founder in our portfolio how to build, develop, and scale their company with intention and care to produce outsized results. It starts and stops with our founders.
You have been waiting for this opportunity. You’ve built and scaled teams in some capacity, but more than anything, you know that your work has the ability to shift an organization’s outcomes. Maybe you’ve supported young, budding teams or maybe you’ve operated growth at scale. No matter your years of experience or the stage of business development you prefer to play in, you know when to listen, when to observe, when to coach, and when to do. You have a network that is as deep as it is wide, filled with talented, driven individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
This job IS:
✅ People: Talent Development, Employee Relations, Org Development, Total Rewards, People Policy, HR Ops, Equality, Retention
✅ Culture: Engagement, Inclusion, Belongingness, Values, Organizational Performance
✅ Talent: Recruiting, Employer Brand, Diversity
✅ Both player and coach to several different stakeholder groups – our portfolio companies, our firm, and our extended communities. Knowing when to toggle between the two and finding joy in each expression of the function.
✅ Creative. The way in which we work is rapidly shifting beneath our feet. We need someone who is adaptive, curious, and desperate to lay a new foundation for all that comes next. Bring your experience and your toolkits, but be prepared for something altogether new to emerge from the wreckage of what was.
This job is NOT:
❌ Deal sourcing. We’ve been fortunate enough to have more dealflow than we can manage. We need you to be focused 100% on People & Culture initiatives for our founders.
❌ Politics or ass-kissing. High-impact team members don’t have time to play games and prefer to let their results and behaviors speak for themselves.
❌ Traditional VC HR. The work the Talent Outcomes team produces will be prioritized, resourced, and included in all portfolio company and firm strategy. While there are always bits and pieces of legacy HR operations that need tending to, know that these roles will not be relegated to cleaning up our organization’s cultural shortcomings or simply managing benefits.
❌ Traditional VC Talent. Supporting our portfolio companies to connect with incredible candidates is only one part of the Talent Outcome team’s responsibilities. We believe that teaching our founders and their leaders *how* to recruit top talent is far more valuable than simply making an introduction. In addition to coaching and network access, we also feel strongly that a company’s biggest competitive advantage (especially in a ridiculous talent market such as this) is culture. Developing, retaining, and rewarding talent is all a part of our talent outcomes programming. If you’re looking to be a glorified executive recruiter, this is not the place for you.
Our Operators in Residence and 776 Titan Funds are just the beginning of what we’re looking to achieve. We’re bringing new people, perspectives and ideas into venture capital every day and have no plans to slow down. The Talent Outcomes Team’s work will enable all of our portfolio companies to build and develop high performing teams. This work directly translates to the success and outcome of each investment we’ve made. Bonus: on a small team we’re always open to new ideas that bring the mission to life. Your impact won’t be constrained to this job description.
- First off, you’re here to win. We have high expectations of ourselves and of our team members. Do not apply for this job if you’re not prepared to be challenged to be your best. We commit to helping you achieve your best work in a supportive, growth-oriented environment. This works best if you show up genuinely eager for this journey together.
- These roles, like all roles at the firm, will have a good deal of autonomy. We’re a remote-first team and have designed our culture for a balance of synchronous and asynchronous work with people operating from all over the world at any given time. We expect you to be a responsible adult who is driven and enjoys hitting (and exceeding) goals set for them. We commit to equipping you with the tools and resources you need to be successful along the way.
- We value a healthy work-life integration and want to proactively acknowledge that there will be last minute demands that will require your flexibility. We are, after all, still a very young company with some seriously big goals. We’ll do our best to keep reasonable boundaries and, when those inevitable moments of unexpected asks arrive, we promise to acknowledge the work and find balance in other ways.
- We are committed to hiring a diverse team and building an inclusive, equitable culture. (Take a peek behind the curtain on our hiring process for the Operator in Residence Program to learn more about how we put these words into action.)
- have a genuine passion for problem-solving
- be service-orientated and compassionate
- possess excellent, inclusive communication skills
- understand that humility and confidence do not have to be mutually exclusive
- bring your unique perspective to conversations
- know that your experience and worldview matter
- don’t be an asshole
Qualifications & Skills:
- You have worked in HR, Recruiting, or some other iteration of org development at a company that has experienced successful and sustainable growth.
- You have experience in building and scaling high caliber teams that can quickly execute and deliver exceptional results.
- You care more about how a team works than filling pipelines because you know you cannot build a great organization on a broken foundation.
- You know that one key hire can change the game. You prioritize quality over speed, and precision and patience in hiring always.
- You operate with a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- You are open to learn from diverse perspectives and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
- You love startups and starting up. You are comfortable taking on new tasks or projects with little direction and adjusting course in response to feedback and information.
Compensation & Benefits
💸 We commit to equal pay across the organization. All salaries will be parallel to one another based on the role and level, regardless of US location. We have traditionally posted our salaries openly in our job descriptions. Because we are casting a wide net here, we recognize that the Talent Outcomes Team will have roles that will differ from one another based on the experience of our candidates. The salary for each role that develops will be established before candidates are interviewed and will be communicated ahead of meeting anyone on the team. We do not negotiate compensation at this time.
⚕ For those working in a full time role (>30 hours/week), we offer 100% paid employee and dependent healthcare premiums.
🏠 Work from anywhere in the United States
💕 Generous & inclusive leave policies, including:
- Parental Leave & Bonding Time
- Paid Family Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Extended Bereavement Leave
- Fertility Leave
- Miscarriage Leave
- Menopause Leave
- Domestic Abuse Leave
- Military Partner Leave
- Divorce or Separation Leave
🕓 Flexible work hours and non-accrual PTO
📱 Monthly cell phone and internet stipend
📚 Supportive culture designed to help you develop and grow
🎁 A host of unique perks and fringe benefits
Other Things of Note:
- We welcome applications with a wide range of years experience, starting with a few years up to people with decades worth of experience. We plan on bucketing qualified candidates into cohorts based on interest, skillset, experience, and tenure in the field. Compensation will be tied to those buckets.
- These roles are remote and US based. At this stage in our firm’s development compensation is not based on geographic location. This may change in the future.
- We encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above. We’d like to account for the fact that we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these requirements.
That’s it. We don’t care where you went to college—or even if you did. We don’t want your resume or a cover letter. It doesn’t matter who you know. We care about what you can do to help us achieve outsized returns and maintain our values along the way
Apply For This Role:
To submit an application for the position, please complete this TypeForm.
Seven Seven Six is a technology company that deploys venture capital. We are a thesis and stage agnostic, software-enabled VC firm that partners with exceptional founders. We believe people, culture, and community are core to producing outsized returns. Our portfolio companies are focused on building the businesses that will positively impact our world for generations to come. Founded by Alexis Ohanian in September 2020 alongside investing partner Katelin Holloway, the firm currently manages assets totaling more than $750M, and is a fully remote US-based organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer that deeply values a diverse community — from our Limited Partners, to our firm, and our founder community. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, ability status, family or parental status, age, or anything else that makes you… well… you!
Seven Seven Six prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We translate this policy to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, performance management, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.