Head of Content & Communications
At Seven Seven Six, we believe that a strong brand and storytelling are critical to any businesses’ success, including our own. For this reason, we are excited to find a talented Head of Content and Communications that will help us, and our founders, build their brands and tell their stories to the world in groundbreaking ways.
This role will lead day-today marketing and communication efforts for Seven Seven Six. This includes leading the creation and implementation of strategic and tactical plans for all marketing activities, such as: brand strategy, social media marketing, content marketing development, public and media relations, as well as acting as a content consultant to our portfolio companies.
This is a new position that will help build and shape the vision and strategy of what high quality content will look like at Seven Seven Six in both the short and long term. You will work closely with our phenomenal public relations and social media agencies to help execute this work and bring our story to life!
There is a non-stop war raging for our attention and it’s imperative that we build an organization that can tell the stories of our founders and firm better than anyone!
- First off, you’re here to win. Do not apply for this job if you’re not prepared to be challenged to be your best. We have high expectations of ourselves and of our team members. We commit to helping you achieve your best work in a supportive, growth-oriented environment. This works best if you show up genuinely eager for this journey together.
- This role, like all roles at the firm, will have a good deal of autonomy. We’re a remote-first team and have designed our culture for a balance of synchronous and asynchronous work with people operating from all over the world at any given time. We expect you to be a responsible adult who is driven and enjoys hitting (and exceeding) goals set for them. We commit to equipping you with the tools and resources you need to be successful along the way. It’s then your job to make it so.
- We value a healthy work-life integration and want to proactively acknowledge that there will be last minute demands that will require your flexibility. We are, after all, still a very young company with some seriously big goals. We’ll do our best to keep reasonable boundaries and, when those inevitable moments of unexpected asks arrive, we promise to express gratitude and find balance in other ways.
- We are committed to hiring a diverse team and building an inclusive, equitable culture.
- Please also:
- have a genuine passion for problem-solving
- be service-orientated and compassionate
- possess excellent, inclusive communication skills
- be aware that humility and confidence do not have to be mutually exclusive
- choose to bring your unique perspective to conversations
- know that your experience and worldview matter
- don’t be an asshole
Role & Responsibilities:
- Content creation
- Shape and execute our global content strategy and initiatives to support strengthening our brand in the world
- Tell compelling stories about our firm, our investors, and our portfolio companies.
- Work closely with Seven Seven Six’s executive team to create evergreen thought leadership content
- Create and manage our editorial calendar for our blog, social media and other content initiatives.
- Manage all external content partnerships including our relationships with our PR and social media vendors, and managing the work of freelance ghostwriters, designers, and other contributors
- Cultivate and manage deep relationships with key journalists and media outlets
- Unlock the potential of AI technology to help create content more efficiently
- Firm Support
- Collaborate with our social media and events agencies to create content for Seven Seven Six events
- Partner with the Head of People on any internal communications matters
- Manage our firm’s website and social pages including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Project manage any communications from our firm to our LP community
- Portfolio Company Support
- Help support our founders as they tell their story to the world, announce fundraising events, and drive brand recognition through targeted marketing campaigns
- Partner with the Founder Outcomes Partner on any communication matters from Seven Seven Six to our founder community
- Create quarterly reports on reach and engagement to help us connect with existing and new audiences more effectively
Qualifications & Skills:
- You are a storyteller by nature. You are dialed into what is happening in the world, especially how technology is changing it, and can translate that for brands to build content and marketing strategies that resonate with targeted demographics.
- You have experience managing content for a national or global consumer-facing brand, ideally including digital publishing and social media.
- You have experience managing external partnerships, vendors, and content contributors.
- You have a deep interest and passion for elevating new businesses that will make the world a better place and want to understand the power venture capital plays in making this a reality.
- You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and work best in a fast-paced environment.
- You can operate at the 30,000-foot view but have no problem rolling up your sleeves and doing the work at the ground level.
- You are customer-centric and build strong relationships with key stakeholders which enables you to produce A+ work.
- You are detail-oriented and can work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment.
- You possess an openness to learn from diverse perspectives and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
Compensation & Benefits
💸 This role will receive an annual salary of $140,000 with an annual bonus of up to 20% of the base salary, regardless of US location. The annual bonus is discretionary and based on firm performance, as well as individual performance.
⚕100% paid employee and dependent healthcare premiums
🏠 Work from anywhere in the United States
💕 Generous & inclusive leave policies
🕓 Flexible work hours and PTO
📱 Monthly cell phone and internet stipend
💪 Monthly wellness stipend
📚 Supportive culture designed to help you develop and grow
🎁 A host of unique perks and fringe benefits
Other Things of Note:
- We welcome applications with a wide range of years of experience and backgrounds. We don’t believe in one right path or mold for the role. Years of experience however, will not impact the compensation package. We do not negotiate compensation.
- This role is remote and US based. Compensation at this stage in our firm’s life cycle is not based on geographic location. This may change in the future.
- We encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above. We’d like to account for the fact that we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these requirements.
That’s it. We don’t care where you went to college—or even if you did. We don’t want your resume or a cover letter. It doesn’t matter who you know. We care about what you can do to help us achieve outsized returns and maintain our values along the way.
Apply For This Role:
To submit an application for the position, please complete this TypeForm by November 25, 2022
Seven Seven Six is a technology company that deploys venture capital. We are a thesis and stage agnostic, software-enabled VC firm that partners with exceptional founders. We believe people, culture, and community are core to producing outsized returns. Our portfolio companies are focused on building the businesses that will positively impact our world for generations to come. Founded by Alexis Ohanian in September 2020 alongside investing partner Katelin Holloway, the firm currently manages assets totaling more than $750M, and is a fully remote US-based organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer that deeply values a diverse community — from our Limited Partners, to our firm, and our founder community. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, ability status, family or parental status, or age.
Seven Seven Six prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We translate this policy to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, performance management, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.