We’re looking to add an Executive Assistant to the squad! In this position, you will support the partnership here at Seven Seven Six. The bulk of this role involves communication, calendaring, prioritization, and other administrative duties. We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with details, is deeply service-oriented, and finds joy in helping others focus on their best work.
Your job every morning when you wake up is to help our partnership as much as possible to ensure that we can focus on best supporting our founders. Second, it’s to support our portfolio founders as much as possible. It starts and stops with our founders.
This job IS:
✅ To be helpful and learn along the way.
✅ Obsessing over optimizations and balancing competing priorities.
✅ Constantly seeking creative, efficient ways to support our team and our external partners.
✅ All about the details. You know — the ones that most people don’t notice, care about, or consider. You’re a particularly particular person and everyone in your life appreciates this about you.
✅ Genuinely valued. With 2 out of 3 of our founding team members having built their own careers by way of administrative work, we know how critical the EA role truly is to our success as a firm. We know the frustrations, challenges, and incredible opportunities this job can provide and will link arms with you every step of the way.
This job is NOT:
❌ A foot in the door. We want you to love what you do right now and well into the future. Being an Executive Assistant requires incredible skill, strategy, and the ability to build high-trust relationships across the organization and with external partners. We care very much about professional development and know there is tremendous growth potential in this role over time. This is not a transient position.
❌ Politics, ass-kissing, or drama. You will have an incredible amount of access to information in order to do your job well and it’s trusted that you are mature enough to handle that responsibility. You will not gossip, triangulate, or manipulate. High impact team members don’t have time to play games and prefer to let their results and behaviors speak for themselves.
❌ For someone enjoys the 9 to 5 routine. You’ll be supporting the founding team, including our General Partner who operates across many different time zones. This is not code for “you will be working 24/7”. This is to help manage your expectations around needing flexibility in your work schedule from week to week to accommodate the team you’ll be partnered with.
- First off, you’re here to win. Do not apply for this job if you’re not prepared to be challenged to be your best. We have high expectations of ourselves and of our team members. We commit to helping you achieve your best work in a supportive, growth-oriented environment. This works best if you show up genuinely eager for this journey together.
- This role, like all roles at the firm, will have a good deal of autonomy. We’re a remote-first team and have designed our culture for a balance of synchronous and asynchronous work with people operating from all over the world at any given time. We expect you to be a responsible adult who is driven and enjoys hitting (and exceeding) goals set for them. We commit to equipping you with the tools and resources you need to be successful along the way. It’s then your job to make it so.
- We value a healthy work-life integration and want to proactively acknowledge that there will be last minute demands that will require your flexibility. We are, after all, still a very young company with some seriously big goals. We’ll do our best to keep reasonable boundaries and, when those inevitable moments of unexpected asks arrive, we promise to express gratitude and find balance in other ways.
- We are committed to hiring a diverse team and building an inclusive, equitable culture. (Take a peek behind the curtain on our hiring process for the Operator in Residence Program to learn more about how we put these words into action.)
- Please also:
- have a genuine passion for problem-solving
- be service-orientated and compassionate
- possess excellent, inclusive communication skills
- be aware that humility and confidence do not have to be mutually exclusive
- choose to bring your unique perspective to conversations
- know that your experience and worldview matter
- don’t be an asshole
Role & Responsibilities:
Calendaring & Coordination
- Provide calendar management to the partnership. Coordinating meetings and arranging calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have an all-access pass to calendars, emails, and other communication platforms to help our partnership prioritize and give you the context you need to do your job really well.
- You will help us stay on top of outgoing communications and increase our ability to best serve our portfolio companies. This may include triaging email inboxes and preparing correspondence on behalf of the partner to ensure timeline post-meeting follow-ups.
- You will be an animal about getting data into Cerebro (our firm’s proprietary operating system) to ensure our tools are maintained and up to date. This will become second nature to you quickly.
Document Management & Organization
- Prepare expense reports and reimbursements.
- Project manage all notarization and other compliance processes.
- Help set up meeting agendas and share relevant documents with attendees ahead of time.
- Arrange and book travel as needed, coordinating with other support teams associated with our partnership.
- Assist with organizing, managing, and executing events — both IRL and virtual.
- One of the greatest things about being an EA is that you have full visibility into the entire business. Your ability to support and provide lift to many different projects, initiatives, and colleagues is limitless. Your ceiling will be set and defined by your own engagement and openness.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Has supported senior executives in some capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable playing calendar Tetris with competing priorities and limited windows. You understand all individuals’ personal priorities, boundaries, and preferences.
- Detail oriented is an understatement.
- You are a voracious internet reader, life-long learner, and naturally hold yourself to a very high standard.
- With enough research, you can develop a point of view. With enough debate, you are capable of evolving that point of view.
- Openness to learn from diverse perspectives and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
- You love startups and starting up. You are comfortable taking on new tasks or projects with little direction and adjusting course in response to feedback and information.
- You are extremely resourceful. There is no job too big or too small and have a “roll up your sleeves” approach to your work. When faced with a task that you’ve not done before, your first instinct is to ask the right questions, seek answers or context independently, and dive in head first. You are not scared to try and fail, but usually put in enough effort to fail infrequently.
- You get frustrated when others are lazy, sloppy, or lack personal accountability.
Compensation & Benefits
💸 This role will receive an annual salary of $80,000 with an annual bonus of up to 20% of the base salary, regardless of US location. The annual bonus is discretionary and based on firm performance, as well as individual performance.
⚕100% paid employee and dependent healthcare premiums
🏠 Work from anywhere in the United States
💕 Generous & inclusive leave policies
🕓 Flexible work hours and flexible time off policies
📱 Monthly cell phone and internet stipend
📚 Supportive culture designed to help you develop and grow
🎁 A host of unique perks and fringe benefits
Other Things of Note:
- We welcome applicants with a wide range of years experience, starting with just a few years up to people with decades worth of experience. Years of experience (in or out of the industry), however, will not impact the compensation package. We do not negotiate compensation.
- This role is remote and US based. Compensation at this stage in our firm’s life cycle is not based on geographic location. This may change in the future.
- We encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above. We’d like to account for the fact that we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these requirements.
That’s it. We don’t care where you went to college—or even if you did. We don’t want your resume or a cover letter. It doesn’t matter who you know. We care about what you can do to help us achieve outsized returns and maintain our values along the way.
Apply For This Role:
This position is now closed.
Seven Seven Six is a thesis and stage agnostic (though early-stage focused), software-enabled venture capital firm focused on people, culture, and community. Founded by Alexis Ohanian in September 2020, he is joined by investing partner Katelin Holloway and Lissie Garvin, Chief of Staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer that deeply values a diverse community — from our Limited Partners, to our firm, and our founder community. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, ability status, family or parental status, age, or anything else that makes you, well, you.
Seven Seven Six prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We translate this policy to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, performance management, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.